From Field to Fork
Stark Hollow Farm has scaled back its operations signficantly but is offering limited CSA meat shares of our heritage breed, forest raised pork sausages and our 100% grass fed (raised and finished) Icelandic lamb.
All cuts chosen by us, not every cut guaranteed, no substitutions. Order two shares and receive a free 100% cotton Stark Hollow Farm tee-shirt! Call to arrange pickup/delivery.
The Stark Hollow Farm difference:
1) All our animals are 100% pure heritage breeds, registrable with their breed association -- not a heritage breed mixed with commercial breeds. While this makes for fast more efficient growth, it doesn't provide protection for the purity of the breed. We take pride in growing your meat slowly following old traditions and in preserving the genetics of these beautiful breeds! Certifed Animal Welfare Approved!
2) Our pigs are outdoors & rotated to new areas year round (with access to warm cozy shelters, of course) -- most pasture raised pigs are outside in the warm growing season only, being indoor the rest of the year.
3) Our sheep are intensively rotated on pasture (moved to fresh grass every ~3 days) -- many grazing animals are left eating in the same pasture for months.
4) Our sheep are 100% grass fed -- a lot of grass fed meat is supplemented or finished on grains or cereal crops.
5) All meat comes from animals born & raised on the farm -- many places offer meat from animals that they purchased from another farm. We raise & care for their parents also!